At FarrPoint, we have ambitious plans for the future and are now looking for a Consultant to join our growing team and contribute to our success. Read on to find out more about us and the role.
FarrPoint is an independent digital technology consultancy providing strategic advice to large public and private sector organisations across the UK and internationally. We have built an enviable reputation for our quality delivery, flexible approach and constant professionalism. We bring the benefits of a small company but with ambitious plans for the future and are now looking for a Consultant to join our growing team and contribute to our success. We develop business cases and strategies, and source, implement and review digital fixed, wireless and mobile solutions to deliver benefits to communities, businesses and residents. We are a leading expert in this field and are involved with many of the key major investments in fibre, mobile, IoT and 5G projects across the UK and beyond.
As well as helping deploy connectivity, we work with our clients to develop and implement use cases for digital connectivity, improving their organisations and the services they deliver. This is important work that really makes a difference and brings our team great satisfaction. The Connectivity Lab is where our experts explore the benefits of new technologies and explore solutions to solve current and future client challenges. Our continual focus on research keeps us ahead of the latest market trends, emerging technologies and opportunities.
You will be involved in a wide range of consultancy projects across our client base and contribute to the continuing development of FarrPoint’s consultancy tools and capabilities. You will have the opportunity to contribute to projects that encompass numerous technologies in both wireless and fixed communications, such as IoT and fibre infrastructure, and to work with clients to develop use cases for this technology. You will also have the chance to join and contribute to one of our Practice areas such as Net-Zero, Smart Places or Regional Connectivity for example.
You will need the following:
• A degree in a technology-based subject and a genuine interest in technology. This should be coupled with at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
• You should have ia good appreciation of a broad range of technologies and a good understanding of how they can be used to meet clients’ business needs.
• You should have a good understanding of the technology marketplace and a genuine interest in developing this further
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written for producing engaging reports and presentations which communicate findings succinctly and clearly.
• Be comfortable presenting at a senior client level and to industry peers
• Excellent time management and the ability to work independently on multiple projects, or as part of a team
• The ability to think creatively and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and help create innovative solutions
You will need knowledge and experience in one or more of the following technology fields:
• Broadband connectivity
• Fibre networks
• Mobile networks
• Wireless communications systems
• Electromagnetic spectrum
• Enterprise IT
• Data Networking
And experience in one or more of the following market sectors
• Broadband intervention market
• Public sector service delivery
• Health & Care sector technology
• Digital connectivity for economic development
• Telecom Regulation
• Large Enterprise networking
Essential attributes are the ability to understand and interpret client requirements, and to communicate clearly and confidently with clients through listening, speaking and writing.
We offer a competitive salary and the full range of benefits that you would expect from a forward-thinking tech company.
This includes genuine flexible working, unlimited leave policy, private healthcare, contributory pension, Cyclescheme and more. You will be part of a friendly, supportive team and will have the freedom to develop ideas and the business that help shape the company strategy.
Our company headquarters are in Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh which is a first-class base for business and leisure, with additional offices in Manchester, London and Nova Scotia, Canada. Your location is flexible, but should be within easy commuting distance to Edinburgh which will be your office base for hybrid office/home working. You will be expected to have the flexibility to travel, but there is no requirement for regular periods away from home.
At FarrPoint, we have high ambitions and a desire to continue to make our mark as the quality source of independent technology advice. Our people have a balance of strong technical skills along with excellent business and commercial awareness and a desire to grow and challenge themselves. You will become part of a truly exceptional team, working from day one on exciting complex projects for major clients, while receiving the support you need to reach your full potential. More on our careers page.
If you are interested and feel you can demonstrate your suitability for the role, please contact [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
Connectivity is important. It drives business and society, bringing communities and commerce together. That's why we use our insight and experience to connect people and business.