At FarrPoint, our research has led us to a simple conclusion - it is not possible to meet net-zero GHGe targets, grow the economy and care for the social wellbeing of the nation without digital. The UK has a target to achieve Net Zero by 2050, Scotland - by 2045. We understand it is not going to be straightforward and to facilitate this transition we have developed a portfolio of services that will help public and private sector organisations prepare for this change in the smartest way possible.
For the UK, excluding Scotland, the target is to achieve net-zero emissions of all greenhouse gases (GHGe) by 2050. Scotland’s climate change legislation sets a target date for net-zero GHGe by 2045 and a 75% reduction by 2030.
At FarrPoint, we believe that the only way to reach the net-zero target is embracing an inclusive digital technology strategy across all sectors of our economy as well as in public services including health, education and social care.
Our modelling has shown that for every tonne of GHG emitted to deliver the UK’s digital infrastructure ambitions, up to 8 tonnes of GHG emissions could be saved in the long term.
• Defining your net-zero strategy
• Auditing the carbon footprint of your digital infrastructure
• Developing clear and credible carbon reduction plans, which is the (this will open in a new window)new requirement for major government suppliers
• Supporting the deployment of infrastructure with a GHGe cost/benefit profile
• Preparing your organisation for digital migration
Please get in touch to discuss the full range of services that might suit you at [email protected]
Connectivity is important. It drives business and society, bringing communities and commerce together. That's why we use our insight and experience to connect people and business.