We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing team.
FarrPoint is an independent digital technology consultancy providing strategic advice to large public and private sector organisations across the UK and internationally. We have built an enviable reputation for our quality delivery, flexible approach and constant professionalism. We bring the benefits of a small company but with ambitious plans for the future and are now looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing team and contribute to our success.
Working at FarrPoint is not the same as working for many other consultancies. We are different. We value rounded people, those who have multiple interests and think creatively. Work-life balance is important. It’s not a 9-5 or burnout and smart suits, it’s a flexible environment where we work hard and take great pride in delivering exceptional projects that help our clients and leave them better off as a result.
Read more about who we are and what we do here.
You will be involved in a wide range of consultancy projects across different and varied markets. You will work with clients to understand their objectives, organisation, and resources, and help them to plan and implement technology to improve their businesses. Your business analysis skills will complement our existing team, by working alongside our technical, GIS mapping, data analysis, and economic specialists to deliver client projects.
Our advice is always pragmatic, we provide our clients with a vision, and a clear plan to achieve it; being able to provide this kind of practical advice is an important part of the role. You will work directly with the FarrPoint team as well as with clients and stakeholders and so will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Examples of projects you may be involved in are:
• Developing a strategy and operational processes to use technology to improve social care services and their delivery
• Developing use cases for IoT technology in rural areas
• Helping clients use technology to achieve their net-zero carbon targets
• Market analysis of 5G and SD-WAN technology and use cases.
• Either: A degree in a technology-based subject (eg Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar). OR A degree in a non-technology-based discipline where you can demonstrate your interest in digital technology;
• Business analysis experience in a technology context, including requirements capture, operational process modelling, use case and strategy development
• The ability to think creatively and apply your knowledge and experience to analyse problems and create innovative and practical solutions
• A strong interest in digital technology and its role in improving businesses and society
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good time management and the ability to work independently on multiple projects, or as part of a team
• Drive and determination for career development.
We offer a competitive salary and a full range of benefits. This includes genuine flexible working, unlimited leave policy, shared parental leave, health insurance cover, contributory pension, Cyclescheme and more.
You will be part of a friendly, supportive team and will have the freedom to develop ideas and business within the agreed company strategy. Company headquarters are in Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh which is a first-class base for business and leisure. You will be expected to be located within easy access to our Edinburgh office.
If you are interested and feel you can demonstrate your suitability for the role, please contact [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
Connectivity is important. It drives business and society, bringing communities and commerce together. That's why we use our insight and experience to connect people and business.