We are proud to have invented an innovative cost-effective mobile signal mapping solution. It provides real-life performance statistics of all available mobile networks and has been used to map and improve mobile connectivity in both cities and rural areas.
Watch FarrPoint's new video which explains how the mapper works and details the benefits it can provide.
Our mobile coverage mapper is an autonomous network monitoring tool that provides real-life performance statistics of all available mobile networks. The Mapper comprises a small unit with magnetic antennas. The unit can be fitted into any vehicle and will measure the signal strength of all mobile networks simultaneously as it travels the route of interest. The device sends the performance data back to our processing and mapping servers enabling a true picture of mobile network performance.
Our Mapper has already been deployed across a number of council areas in the UK (North Wales, Newcastle, Shetland, Edinburgh, Worthing, Horsham and Chichester) and internationally (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia), providing the most accurate information on mobile connectivity. Most of our clients chose to deploy the mapper on their refuse vehicles, which is a great cost-effective and a more environmentally friendly solution. Although, the mapper can be installed in any vehicle or even operated on foot with our backpack version.
• Identification of mobile coverage weakness (3G, 4G, 5G) or not-spots to help planning of services relying on mobile connectivity such as emergency services, telecare and more.
• Ensuring safety of staff, service users and lone workers.
• Understanding of mobile coverage baseline in order to deploy new services that rely on mobile connectivity such as technology enabled care, IoT or other Smart Places applications.
• Contractual acceptance and verification (for central Government funded projects).
• Network optimisation.
• Significantly lower costs than standard drive test surveying, which requires specialised resources and equipment
• Collected data identifies mobile ‘notspots’ or weak 3G / 4G / 5G coverage, which can be used to feedback to mobile network operators for future mobile planning
• Provides independent coverage assurance and verification – especially important for organisations running mission-critical communications over mobile networks (emergency services, telecare)
• Our mapper device is autonomous, installed easily to any vehicle and requires no technical knowledge.
Image 1: Mobile Coverage map example
Image 2: NC500 4G coverage map for all UK operator
image 3: Newcastle and North Tyneside indoor mobile coverage map
• Independent & real-time monitoring of 3G/4G network performance in outdoor areas
• Our Mobile Coverage Mapper is autonomous, installed easily to any vehicle and requires no technical knowledge
• Logs multiple engineering parameters including signal strength, channel parameters and location data
• Results and analysis are stored in a secure central database and presented on a secure mapping portal in real-time
• Survey results are presented in a simple visual format. No technical knowledge required to interpret results
• Scalable design - multiple units can be deployed across areas, simultaneously collecting data to continuously build up a library of mobile network measurements across a geography
Email [email protected] to find out more or to request the fact sheet to see what's inside the Mapper box.
For an example of our Mobile Coverage Mapping service click here.
We trust Farrpoint to give us the independent technical assurance we need when thinking innovatively about how to drive greater commercial investment into digital infrastructure in West Sussex. Farrpoint have been advising us for the last three years – they now feel very much part of the team. Having access to their in-depth understanding of the technical and commercial factors involved, as well as the risks and capabilities of the wider market place, is helping to develop our exciting digital ambitions for West Sussex.Digital Infrastructure Programme Manager, West Sussex County Council
Connectivity is important. It drives business and society, bringing communities and commerce together. That's why we use our insight and experience to connect people and business.