We are proud to have invented an innovative cost-effective mobile mapping solution. It provides real-life performance statistics of all available mobile networks and can be used to map connectivity in both cities and rural areas.
Our mobile coverage mapper is an autonomous network monitoring tool that provides real-life performance statistics of all available mobile networks. The Mapper comprises a small internal unit with magnetic antennas which are placed on the roof of a vehicle. The unit can be fitted into any vehicle and will measure the signal strength of all mobile networks simultaneously as it drives the route of interest. Our clients have deployed the mapper on refuse vehicles for example, which has the advantage of visiting every premise in an area within a relatively tight timescale. As the Mobile Coverage Mapper travels across a geographic location, it sends the performance data back to our processing and mapping servers enabling a true picture of mobile network performance.
Our Mapper has already been deployed across a number of council areas in the UK (Shetland, Edinburgh, Worthing, Horsham and Chichester) and some rural areas in Canada, providing the most accurate information on mobile connectivity. Most of our clients chose to deploy the mapper on their refuse vehicles, which a great cost-effective and more environmentally friendly solution. The mapper can be installed in any vehicle and we are currently working on a backpack-sized version.
• Significantly lower costs than standard drive test surveying, which requires specialised resources and equipment
• Collected data identifies mobile ‘notspots’ or weak 3G/4G coverage, which can be used to feedback to mobile network operators for future mobile planning
• Provides independent coverage assurance and verification – especially important for organisations running mission-critical communications over mobile networks
• Our mapper device is autonomous, installed easily to any vehicle and requires no technical knowledge
• Contractual acceptance and verification (for central Government funded projects)
• Identification of mobile coverage weakness or not-spots to help planning of services relying on mobile connectivity
• Network optimisation
• In-life coverage validation and monitoring for KPI reporting
• Benchmarking against other sources
• Independent & real-time monitoring of 3G/4G network performance in outdoor areas
• Our Mobile Coverage Mapper is autonomous, installed easily to any vehicle and requires no technical knowledge
• Logs multiple engineering parameters including signal strength, channel parameters and location data
• Results and analysis are stored in a secure central database and presented on a secure mapping portal in real-time
• Survey results are presented in a simple visual format. No technical knowledge required to interpret results
• Scalable design - multiple units can be deployed across areas, simultaneously collecting data to continuously build up a library of mobile network measurements across a geography
Email [email protected] to find out more or to request the fact sheet to see what's inside the Mapper box.
We trust Farrpoint to give us the independent technical assurance we need when thinking innovatively about how to drive greater commercial investment into digital infrastructure in West Sussex. Farrpoint have been advising us for the last three years – they now feel very much part of the team. Having access to their in-depth understanding of the technical and commercial factors involved, as well as the risks and capabilities of the wider market place, is helping to develop our exciting digital ambitions for West Sussex.Digital Infrastructure Programme Manager, West Sussex County Council
Connectivity is important. It drives business and society, bringing communities and commerce together. That's why we use our insight and experience to connect people and business.